Where can I find coconut palm sugar? This question is very easy to be answered if you live in tropical country like Indonesia, where they have abundant coconut trees.
In Indonesia, there are many coconut sugar producers (most of them are traditionally). Coconut sugar itself has been used as sweetener since years ago, so it's not difficult to find coconut palm sugar in supermarket or traditional one.
In your country, coconut sugar may not readily available in local grocery store. Although, coconut sugar begins to be popular, you may not find them easily. However, you can try to search in your local Asian grocery stores (if any) or other natural food stores.
So, Where Can I Find Coconut Palm Sugar If It Didn’t Available in Local Grocery?
The easiest choice is finding them online. I've listed 6 products, which you can find in Amazon.com, so you can make comparison before deciding to purchase this natural organic sweetener. I suggest you to also check the customer’s reviews to make sure you don’t buy the wrong products.
1. Madhava Organic Blonde Coconut Sugar
- Madhava sells this coconut sugar in the resealable bags, with net weight of 16-ounce.
- By the time I wrote this, Madhava sold this product around $25 for 6 packs (about $0.26/oz).
- Amazon will give you extra 5% discount if you choose "Subscribe & Save" option.
- The producer claimed that this coconut palm sugar can be 1:1 replacement for refined sugar.
- The raw material of their coconut sugar comes from coconut nectar of organic coconut trees in Indonesia.
- If you like, you can visit their website to find many interesting coconut sugar recipes.
2. Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Coconut Sugar
- This coconut sugar was sold in 16 ounce packaging and the price is $4.99 (about $0.31/oz).
- The company said that this organic coconut sugar is an unrefined brown sugar with a deep caramel flavor.
- This product can be used as 1 to 1 replacement for brown sugar recipes.
- This coconut sugar comes from hand harvested nectar of coconut trees and produced by small farmer cooperatives on the Java Island, Indonesia.
- This product was claimed to be naturally gluten-free.
3. Navitas Naturals Coconut Palm Sugar
- In Amazon, this sugar is sold in 16 Ounce pouch (2 packs/package). The price is $11.14/package (about $0.35/oz).
- You can also get extra 5% discount for this product if you choose "Subscribe & Save" option.
- This coconut palm sugar is claimed as 100% organic, vegan, kosher and gluten-free.
- You can use this product for many culinary, from dessert recipes to homemade lemonade. This coconut sugar is perfect as 1:1 cane sugar replacement.
4. Big Three Farms Sweet Tree Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, Blonde.
- Like Madhava, Big Three Farms also sells their coconut sugar in the pack of 6 (@ 16 ounces). The price is @30.42 (about $0.32/oz).
- It has a soft caramel flavor which is similar to light brown sugar and can dissolve in liquid.
- The packaging is stand up resealable pouch.
- Big Three Farms said that this product is 100% organic palm sugar, without being mixed with cane sugar.
- Sweet Tree coconut sugar can be used as 1 to 1 cane sugar replacement.
- As Sweet Tree organic coconut sugar is crystallized into very fine granules, this sugar can be completely dissolves in liquids rapidly.
- Big Three Farms claimed that they're the first company who supplied the first organic certified coconut palm sugar.
5. As Seen on Dr. OZ! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar (by Pure Palm)
- Pure Palm prepared this product in 1 lb bag, with the price of $4.99.
- This product is also claimed to be 100% coconut palm sugar.
- You don't need to worry about the taste of this product. It has a creamy caramel-like flavor instead of coconut-like flavor. That's why; it will also be the perfect replacement for any recipes that using brown sugar, molasses or honey.
6. Coconut Secret Coconut Crystal, Raw
- This product is supplied by Coconut Secret, sold in the 12 Ounce packaging, with the price of $7.59 (around 0.63/oz).
- The company stated that this sugar is gluten-free, GMO-free as well as free from chemicals and pesticides.
- This sugar is produced by low temperature vacuum evaporation to remove excess moisture and allow crystallization.
- They also said Coconut Crystal will not have a coconut-like flavor and they may vary slightly in flavor and color for each batch of production.
You may notice that coconut sugar can vary in color, form and taste. It depends on the type of coconut tree, the time when the nectar was harvested and how the evaporation process is carried out.
Please be very careful with the product you buy, I've read that some coconut sugar producers mix their coconut sugar with cane sugar. Although I do not sure whether it's true or not, but it's better to check the product description before purchasing. The products listed above claimed that they are 100% coconut sugar that stated on their product description.
Enjoy your coconut sugar and its fabulous health benefits^-^